You may think winter is a time when bugs and rodents are less abundant in your home, but things are not always as they seem. Pests such as Red Backs and other spiders, ants, cockroaches, termites, bed bugs, fleas, rats, mice and the like, may slow down a bit, but they don’t go away. In fact, they continue feeding, growing and multiplying, often in the warmth and comfort of our homes.
We’ve compiled 7 reasons to continue pest control efforts throughout the winter.
1. Pests living inside the walls of your home are not affected by the cold temperatures outdoors.
2. Termites, ants, cockroaches, earwigs, and many other insects can thrive indoors as the weather is always pleasant inside!
3. Roof cavities provide shelter to other insects such as wasps and spiders, as they try to escape the cold.
4. Rodents can find their way into your home if all entry points are not sealed off.
5. When we perform a meticulous inspection of your home, inside and out, we ensure that no pest related issues are present and identify any conditions that might increase the risk of future pest problems.
6. Inspecting and/or treating entry points like doors and windows provide lasting protection for your home for the emergence of pests in spring.
7. When we remove spider webs, egg cases, wasp nests, and dirt dauber nests, we prevent them from reemerging when the weather warms.