You may think winter is a time when bugs and rodents are less abundant in your home, but things are not always as they seem. Pests such as Red Backs and other spiders, ants, cockroaches, termites, bed bugs, fleas, rats, mice and the like, may slow down a bit, but they don’t go away. In fact, they continue feeding, growing and multiplying, often in the warmth and comfort of our homes.
We’ve compiled 7 reasons to continue pest control efforts throughout the winter.
1. Pests living inside the walls of your home are not affected by the cold temperatures outdoors.
2. Termites, ants, cockroaches, earwigs, and many other insects can thrive indoors as the weather is always pleasant inside!
3. Roof cavities provide shelter to other insects such as wasps and spiders, as they try to escape the cold.
4. Rodents can find their way into your home if all entry points are not sealed off.
5. When we perform a meticulous inspection of your home, inside and out, we ensure that no pest related issues are present and identify any conditions that might increase the risk of future pest problems.
6. Inspecting and/or treating entry points like doors and windows provide lasting protection for your home for the emergence of pests in spring.
7. When we remove spider webs, egg cases, wasp nests, and dirt dauber nests, we prevent them from reemerging when the weather warms.
The Summer months are actually dirtier than the winter months due to airborne pollutants and debris. Pet hair, pollen, dust and other debris can cause extremely unhealthy indoor air quality, so when you shut the house up for the cold weather months, all that gets trapped in your carpet. Having a deep clean can boost indoor air quality and help ward off respiratory illnesses such as asthma that are caused by irritants in the indoor air.
The dry, winter air means your carpets will dry much quicker than in the summer or spring, meaning you can get back to using your rooms and enjoying your super clean carpet in no time!
Let’s face it: you’ll be spending more time indoors during the cold weather than you would during the outdoor months. Do yourself and your family a favour and enjoy your carpet to its fullest extent! Warm, clean, and comfortable.
Contact Pro Clean today to schedule an appointment and get a thorough deep cleaning for that carpet before the weather takes a turn for the worse!